Windows Double click on the downloaded file, PurpleVirtualWorld.exe
Double click on the downloaded file, PurpleVirtualWorld.dmg
Windows Click through the installer and launch on the final step or from the Windows Start menu.
Mac – Drag the PurpleVirtualWorld icon into the Applications folder.
– Double click it to open the PurpleVirtualWorld application.
Click the PLAY Button!
SELECT YOUR GRAPHICS PREFERENCE
1. Select “Windowed” if you don’t want the Virtual World to take up your whole screen.
2. If you want, select your preferred resolution.
3. Try the “Best” graphics quality, but if you notice stuttering or other performance issues, try one of the lower settings.
4. When you’re ready, click PLAY!
CREATE YOUR ACCOUNT
1. Click “Register” and fill out the form. After completing the form, you will return to the login screen.
2. Once registered, log in with your email address and password.
A headset or earbuds are strongly recommended to reduce the possibility of echo or feedback.
You can only communicate with users who are in the same location as you. For example, if you’re in the auditorium and someone else is in the Conference Hall, you won’t be able to hear each other.
You can hold down the 1 key on your keyboard to talk if you don’t want your microphone on all the time.
Often, problems can be resolved by restarting the World. If you can’t quit normally, try typing /exit in the chat window. This should immediately close the World.
You can dance and do other animations if you want! Click your name on the top left of the screen to see some of the things you can have your avatar do. This can be a fun and effective way to communicate non-verbally.
If other users are in the same space as you, you’ll see their names in a list in the top left. To see where all the users in the Campus are, though, you can click the gear icon in the top right and then select “Find Users”.
If you’re having issues or have any questions, please Contact Usfor troubleshooting help.